Just found your blog. What shade are you in your foundation. I'd like to try Dior Forever and we look very similar in skintone. Thanks!
Quick (Drugstore) Haul
Category > Fun
I realized I had well over 100,000 Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum points and this weekend was their redemption weekend, so I took advantage of getting $200 off my purchase as opposed to $170 for redeeming 95,000 points. YAY – I love redemption weekend.
Wanted to share what I got:
- Crest Sensitivity Toothpaste: I was considering whitening again and before I do a few whitening days, I usually brush with a Sensitivity toothpaste to lessen the pain.
- Christian Dior – FOREVER – Flawless perfection fusion wear makeup: This product deserves a post on it’s own because it is one of my holy grail products. It’s a bit pricey at $48/30 mL bottle, but when it comes to a foundation that gives a flawless finish AND lasts all day long – I’ll gladly spend the money. I bought two just because…
- La Roche Posay – Effaclar H – Compensating Soothing Moisturizer: This product is another love of my life. I find myself going back to it again and again because it’s perfect for my skin type/problems.
- Dove – Antiperspirant: Pretty standard…
- Quo Professional – Slant Tip Tweezers: I haven’t invested in a good pair for a while and these looked great, so I wanted to give them a try.
- Revlon – Colorburst Lip Butter – Creme Brulee: I fell in love with this line of lipsticks after giving them a go following a review from one of my all time favourite bloggers (and kindred spirit friend, Veronika). With this addition, I am pretty sure I am close to having all the colours now.
- Essie – Feed Me – Intense Hydration Treatment: I have never been able to grow out my nails. A) I am constantly breaking them from being too active B) I am really bad at remembering to wear gloves when I clean and the products I use tend to dry out my hands/nails. I wanted to give this treatment a go since I LOVE the Essie nail polish line.
- Philosophy – Purity Cleanser: I got a few samples of this because I was looking at the line of washes/creams. Kind of excited to try it
- Quo – Face Contour Brush: They were 40% off, so I figured I would throw in a new contour brush. I tried the Quo brushes a while back and was really impressed with them.
- L’Oreal Paris – Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara: I am one of those girls who has drawers and baskets full of products. I have tried the cheapest to the most expensive mascaras in my time and honestly, this is one of my all time favourites. I love how intense the colour is, the formula lasts and does not get crumbly, and the brush tip is a simple standard brush (which I love).
Doing this post makes me think I should elaborate and maybe go into depth of some of my favourite products to share what I love most about them. Thoughts?
Maja, what do you use to whiten? Also, is there a reason you use roll-on antiperspirant rather than spray? Would be good to maybe see a CD Forever post, thanks for sharing :)
I would love to hear about your favourite products, skincare haircare wise and actually everything! Xo from Europe
I want to buy everything you just mentioned! :) i used to love that mascara and I think I need to try it again based on your review! love you and your blog! <3
I'm totally into the sensativity toothpaste! I get that....good tip before whitening! I also love the Voluminous Mascara, except for I use Black Brown! An amazing product and I completely agree.....doesn't crumble....lasts all day! it's fantastic, I've been using it for years and years!
I love the Carbon Black Mascara but I find it's so hard to remove! My new favourite is Benefit's They're Real Mascara.
@Diana123 Hi Diana - I wear #031-Sand. I have an olive complexion with yellow undertones. If I ever wear makeup with a pink undertone, I look like a berry :) If you have a pink undertone, try the shades ending in a "2" for ex #032.
Hi there again Chloe - I just use the regular Crest WhiteStrips (the advanced seal ones). I only do about 5 days at a time before I forget to keep using them, but by that time I am usually good for another year. In terms of antiperspirant, I just find that the spray gets everywhere + it feels a bit choking to breathe in the tiny micro particles. Considering that anti-persipirant ins't known as the best for you, it worries me to be breathing it in directly like that. I'll include the CD foundation in a beauty post for sure...it's my #1 and I never get bored of it (been a die hard fan for 3 years now) xo
@heavenrain_ Poland here! I follow Veronica and she has mentioned you recently and I instantly fell in love with your blog :) take care !
@heavenrain_ Thanks for the feedback and interest! It's definitely been a hot topic/request, so I will plan to do one asap. Where abouts in Europe are you from?Very exciting to have your support. Thanks for reading :)
@TinaLisa - that's very true! I use a gentle eye makeup remover before cleansing because my eyeliner is waterproof, so I need it. I have tried "Benefits - they're real", but found it didn't last too long, are you finding that? Maybe I'll give it another try
@TinaLisa Ohhh - maybe I'll try that Serum, I'm addicted to the DIOR line. Thanks for the recommend!